Hey if you could please spread the word, this is really important!!
A new “undercover” video of an abortion clinic in Phoenix has just gone viral and is currently receiving massive criticism in the state. It is likely that if we don’t act now there will be a massive legislative backlash against abortion in Arizona. (as if it’s not bad enough already!!)
The groups Live Action and Center for Arizona Policy are planning a rally outside of the clinic tomorrow as noon and if you can meet there to counter-protest and show your support for the continuing access to abortion in Arizona PLEASE do so. This is important.
And if anyone has any information about plans already in the works please share!!!
Here is a link to the article:
And here is a link to my original post so your followers can signal boost!!
I don’t usually do this sort of thing but your blog really inspired me to share.
I’ve been pro-choice all my life. There’s never been any conflict in my mind- a woman’s body is her own, period. I want the same freedom for others as I want for myself. My mom is pro-choice too, so we’re on the same wavelength. Then, right around election time, my pro-life stepdad was talking about babies and God and how abortion is wrong etc. After the fact, my mom and I were discussing what it meant to be pro-choice. She choked up suddenly and told me when she was 19- my age- she had an abortion. I’d heard of the guy before, actually my mom has always talked about him with a certain fondness I guess comes with time. They had sex once and she was pregnant. Her parents were divorced, so it was just her and my grandmother living alone, and they could hardly feed themselves much less a child. She was also about to head off to college, and seeing as I’m going to school right now myself, I can only imagine how difficult it would’ve been trying to raise a child. Her mom was supportive about her decision to get an abortion, but I could tell it kind of hurt her to talk about. It clearly wasn’t an easy decision. Any pro-lifers who act like a pregnant woman wanting to end her pregnancy is a total monster should 1) shut the fuck up and 2) meet my mother, who is the kindest, strongest person I know- the best mom in the world.
I won’t lie. I was shocked when she told me. I don’t know why, but I was. I guess for a little bit I *did* entertain the fact that maybe, in another universe, I had another sibling. But then I looked at my mother- the source of my strength, a pillar of compassion and the embodiment of womanhood- and remembered something she told me once: “You can’t change the past. You can just move forward.” So I held her hand and we sat in the car feeling crappy for a few minutes, but we went on with our day.
That’s what’s being pro-choice is about, in my mind. Choosing to get an abortion isn’t an easy choice to make and I really admire the women who choose to get one- not because they’re “ending another’s life”, but because they’re moving on with their own. They have the freedom to choose. I’m glad my mom chose to have me, and I’m glad I had a remarkable woman raise me to believe in a woman’s right to choose.
Your feminist rhetoric can suck my balls.
This is a thing? You’re trying to argue this? For real?
The “pro-life” political movement has attempted pass an alarming number of anti-uterus and anti-people in general legislation:
- Forcing authorities to investigate all miscarriages and even persecuting the women who have them on the basis that they may have attempted fetal murder. [PDF]
- Turning the term “Rape Victim” into “Rape Accuser”, same goes with victims of Domestic Violence.
- Trying to redefine rape all together.
- Making the murder of abortion providers legal.
- Attempts to defund Planned Parenthood. Getting rid of Planned Parenthood doesn’t really helps babies either, or even lower the abortion rates.
- Increasing the price of a preterm labor drug in order to give one company a monopoly. (Hey, what do you know, this hurts the “baby” just as much as it hurts the person pregnant with it!).
Here’s another list full of other various “pro-life” initiatives hurting women.
- There was a woman who was jailed for thinking about abortion.
- Parental consent laws on abortion- set in place by the pro-life movement- motivated this victim to DIY abort.
- This woman was jailed for miscarrying.
- This Hospital was threatened by the church after preforming a life saving abortion.
- Some hospitals won’t preform life saving abortions at all.
- Even the Pope doesn’t want your life to be saved if abortion is involved.
- This woman was confined to a bed against her will in order to prevent her from miscarrying- which miscarried anyway.
- This woman was separated from her child because she wouldn’t pre-authorize a cesarean.
- This woman was forced to gestate a pregnancy that was going to result in a still birth.
- This woman was mocked for wanting to abort a pregnancy that was going to result in a still birth.
- Pro-Life legislature caused the death of Rosie Jimenez, Ruth Friedl, Clara Duvall, Pauline Shirley, Vivian Campbell, Geraldine Santoro, and Becky Bell. And those are only the confirmed deaths.
- And let’s not forget around 70,000 women die each year around the world from illegal abortions. Just in case you’re curious, the fetus dies with them.
Wow, look at that. Can you just look at that? Those are just some of the attacks the “pro-life” movement has made on people, not just women, people. You also forget OP that 61% of the people who get abortions have babies- one or more[PDF]! You don’t even have to be in favour of abortion to be pro-choice, you just have to recognize it’s not you’re right to say what other people do with their bodies.
I give you the challenge, name one baby that was harmed by abortion. Not a fetus, not an embryo, a baby- which as you obviously don’t know is defined as a human person between the moment of birth to eleven months. We do not call children born fetuses, so stop referring to a gestating fetus as a child.
Hey, can I play?!
How about that baby that was crushed to death during an abortion?!
OH wait no that wasn’t during an abortion!
That was when a woman’s amniotic sack broke early, causing the fetus to no longer have a cushion and be CRUSHED BY THE MOTHER’S UTERUS and she was denied an abortion because pro-life legislation in her state forbid abortions at the week she was in because they thinking that fetus can feel pain at that stage (when science says otherwise!) BECAUSE SLOWLY BEING CRUSHED TO FUCKING DEATH isn’t painful. Right. Clearly, denying the woman an abortion to stop the fetus from suffering a painful death (even though science says the fetus can’t feel pain at this stage) is in the best interest of the fetus.